Translate

Monday, January 14, 2013

Manicure Monday: Fashionista

I'm disappointed in this week's manicure. This is one of those colors that looked really nice in the bottle, but then I got home and tried it on.

Fashionista by Revlon

It is a deep opaque teal. I wanted to try more greens and jewel tones, because those are the fashionable nail colors right now. All the photos on pinterest got me excited!  However, I am a firm believer that green polishes just do not work with my skin tone. I keep forgetting that, and buying them! This might look nice on some else, though. So I gave it away to my friend Julie. I hope she enjoys it more than I did.


Also, I couldn't for the life of me get it to go on smoothly. You'll notice the bubbles in this photo. This isn't true of all Revlon polishes, though. Some of my favorites are from Revlon, and I've never had this problem. I think this bottle was a dud. I'd still recommend Revlon polishes, and will review some more for you another Monday.

Nail Tip: To mix polish before applying, never "shake" the bottle. This will create air bubbles. Instead, roll the bottle back and forth between your palms. Polish will go on smooth, not bumpy.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I love it. And I never knew that about rolling the polish! Very useful info.

    ReplyDelete