Translate

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Viva Glam Nicki Review

I finally picked up Viva Glam Nicki, after a year of lusting after it. It is a limited edition MAC liptstick, created with Nicki Minaj as part of their celebrity-inspired Viva Glam line. I was having so much trouble finding it in stores that I thought it might not be sold anywhere anymore.


It's such a unique hot pink, I'm not sure these photos do it justice. I spotted it in the store from about 10 feet away, and was immediately on that shit. My fiance remarked "That one's nice." I said "I KNOW", to which he looked terrified. I then explained how I've been looking for it forever, and he seemed even more confused. Mike convinced me that $15 is a more than reasonable price for lipstick, and I should buy it as a birthday present to myself.

Here's a swatch for you. You'll notice it's very pigmented on its own.



On my lips: Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner 063 Eastend Snob, MAC Viva Glam Nicki, DuWop Lip Venom


The color in this photo is true to life. I added some liner and gloss. On it's own this lipstick is more on the matte side. It is what MAC calls a "satin" finish, which might be hard to wear on its own if you have dry or chapped lips. I was surprised by this. All the other Viva Glam liptsicks I have are "lustre" finishes, which I find much more flattering. If I could change one this about Viva Glam Nicki, I'd make it a lustre so it would be easier to wear on its own.


 Here are some photos in natural light so you can see the difference.













Sometimes I like to pretend I'm Billy Idol, and make silly faces. Hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment