Translate

Monday, January 28, 2013

Manicure Monday: Geometric Glitter (Tutorial)

What You'll Need:
  • tape
  • a base coat
  • a solid nail color
  • a glitter polish
  • a top coat

Products used (left to right) scotch tape, Orly rubberized basecoat,
Orly  Bubbly Bombshell, Revlon Rock, L'Oreal Paris top of the line
I applied one coat of basecoat and two coats of Revlon Rock. Make sure your nails are completely dry before trying the next step. 

How to Create a Geometric Design

Step 1
Step 3
Step 2

  1. Use scotch tape to make a right angle and then taped it to the nail, creating a small triangle at the bottom. I taped all the nails except the ring finger.
  2. Then apply a coat of glitter over each nail. For this look I needed two coats of Orly Bubbly Bombshell.
  3. Wait at least 2 minutes before trying to remove the tape. When you do removed the tape, do it quickly, like removing a band-aid.  I thought carefully and gingerly removing it would be the best way. I was wrong. When I pulled the tape off too slowly, polish came with it. Don't know why.




Apply top coat and clean up the edges with a q-tip.

Nail Tip: Fast drying top coats work best to set designs with a lot of coats and details. My favorite is Seche Vite. Their formula binds all the layers of polish, so that it's not only the top coat which dries faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment